New boater. New to the forum. New(to me) 98 225BR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boater. New to the forum. New(to me) 98 225BR

New to the forum from Kentucky. Wife and I bought our 1st boat last week. 98 225BR as it says in the title. Managed to go out twice last week and not wreck anything on this beauty. Boat has, purportedly ~400hrs. Has a 454/Bravo one. Tach was replaced, so, it only shows about 15hrs now. The boat is in incredible shape. The hull has virtually no marks in the gel coat. Very shiny. No water lines. The rub rail doesn’t have any cuts. Has 2 Bimini tops, snap cover, and fitted storage cover. Upholstery is pretty mint, except for the lower corner of the dash, which is coming unglued, along with the glovebox dash front. It looks sort of like when your headliner sags in your 84 Cutlass. 😜 Been loved her whole life, as I see her. Pretty excited to have her.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

from Oregon. Nice find. The 225BR is a great boat, especially with a big block........
    MISS "B" HAVEN

2007 Mastercraft X2, Indmar 350 MCX, 350 hp V-Drive (SOLD 8/12/16)

Previous boat (1999-2011) : 1999 202BR Carbed 5.7, 250HP, Alpha 1, 17P Rev 4

Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel

Comment

Welcome. I just purchased a 98 225BR as well. At least you got yours on the water. I started fixing things, like the dash, and still haven't been out. I do have some newer model dashes available for sale soon as I purchased them for spares. I used my broken stock dashes to make custom carbon dashes for mine. They are in excellent condition.
      "Blown Money"
      1998 Crownline Whipple Charged 454 Mag MPI with heads and cam 750hp. IMCO drive and hydraulic steering.

Currently towed by a 2011 Supercharged Range Rover Sport with exhaust and supercharger pulley.

Comment

I would like to see some pics of those dashes.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota!!

enjoy your find!
          2006 Crownline 180 BR
          4.3 L MerCruiser Alpha One 1.81
          Prestige trailer
          Platform by: Swimplatform.com
          19P Rev 4 SS Prop

Comment

Originally posted by Zfrilly View Post
            Welcome. I just purchased a 98 225BR as well. At least you got yours on the water. I started fixing things, like the dash, and still haven't been out. I do have some newer model dashes available for sale soon as I purchased them for spares. I used my broken stock dashes to make custom carbon dashes for mine. They are in excellent condition.
            Saw the post in general with the pic of the CF dash. Looks like a fair amount of work! Nice!

Comment

Just finished a disc brake conversion on the trailer today. Trailer brakes (drums) were totally non-functional. Thinking it was mainly the actuator. I replaced everything front to back.

Comment

Welcome from Michigan!
                Bruce

Comment

Welcome from Texas! You will find lots of helpful information and good people here. Enjoy the boat!
                  2006 220EX
                  5.0L, Bravo III
                  Smart Tabs
                  2015 2500 RAM 6.4L

Comment

Thanks! Already perusing the forum threads digging for info to help maximize our enjoyment with the boat.

Comment

Welcome from Woodridge, Illinois, have a great season.
                      Last edited by Michael Beckman; 09-07-2021, 04:47 PM.
                      1999 CL 182 LPX - Solid Onyx - Tweaked 5.0 EFI, 19P Rev 4, Smart Tabs,
                      Drive Shower & Wireless Remote Trim
                      Schlepped by 2017 Dodge Durango Citadel HEMI
                      Daily driver - '92 Corvette Convertible - Blackrose/Lt. Grey - 6 Speed. (sold)
                      My New GSD Project - Winsome's Bearfoot Journey aka "Journey"

Comment

Welcome from TN. Where do you boat in KY?
                        2005 Crownline 216LS. "At-Risk Behavior"
                        350 MAG MPI & Bravo III
                        2012 Ram 1500 4wd Crew Cab.
                        2021 Ram 2500 4wd Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. Going to be at Lake Cumberland mostly, I think. We live in Louisville, but I have no interest in being on the Ohio River for many reasons. Other than Cumberland, we have been to Nolin and Taylorsville lakes. Not a big fan of either. I’ve been on Dale Hollow and Kentucky lakes. Kentucky Lake is just too far from us. May go to Dale Hollow occasionally. I have a storage unit down by Lake Cumberland where we are going to keep the boat. So, Cumberland and Dale Hollow are most convenient.

Comment

Working...
                          X