Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing 2013 285 SS

Good evening, I just found this forum.
    I am purchasing a 2013 285 SS. Looking forward to lots of fun times on the water.
    It has a 377 Mag Mercruiser.

Any "gotchas" to look on purchasing the 285 (besides typical buyer beware)?
    things that go wrong easily?
    It has 22.5 props on the Bravo II - any others running same/differnt props?
    anyone have typical fuel consumption numbers they can share?

I have the mercruiser manual, but if anyone has an owners manual online?

any other tips, I would really appreciate it !
    my apologies if too general, open ended post.

Thanks, Allen

from Oregon.............
    MISS "B" HAVEN

2007 Mastercraft X2, Indmar 350 MCX, 350 hp V-Drive (SOLD 8/12/16)

Previous boat (1999-2011) : 1999 202BR Carbed 5.7, 250HP, Alpha 1, 17P Rev 4

Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel

Comment

That's a nice size and good looking BR.
      Only thing I'd question is Bravo II are used on heavy cruisers and houseboat applications. If that not a typo (I would assume a B3) I'd look carefully that PO didn't slap whatever available on and ask why on a 2013 boat..
      Tell me asshole - What's your fair share of everything I've worked for??? Please join me in starving and beating the govt back to it's honeymoon physique.

2000 Formula 260SS 502 Mag B3
      2003 Suburban 2500 8.1L
      2011 Honda Civic w/1.8L
      2017 Honda Civic w/1.5L

Comment

from IL...........

Tell me asshole - What's your fair share of everything I've worked for??? Please join me in starving and beating the govt back to it's honeymoon physique.

2000 Formula 260SS 502 Mag B3
        2003 Suburban 2500 8.1L
        2011 Honda Civic w/1.8L
        2017 Honda Civic w/1.5L

Comment

. . .

Mark Swenson
          2005 Crownline 202 BR w/ 5.0 MPI

....We are ALL a little CRAZY, some of us just show it more than others !!!....

Comment

thanks everyone !!! yes Bravo3 ... it runs nice

Comment

Welcome from Michigan! Great boat! Fuel consumption on the 6.2 will be...thirsty. But that's boating. I can't comment on whether or not the props are right for your boat...sorry. The only other 'gotcha' is the 285 is a big boat for a single screw. Not power-wise...the 377 should be fine. But maneuvering at the dock. If you have wind, current, other tricky docking issues then twin screws are the way to go. If that's not the case, then single engine is fine. Just my 2 cents...others may have different opinions. The important thing is that you have a great boat and you're on the water! Congrats!
              Bruce

Comment

Bruce, thanks, I grew up in Michigan for 29 years - Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, and skiing on Walled Lake.
                My first run I could get 2.6 mpg if I trimmed right at about 28 mph. Understood on the single screw - twins would be nice, but at least its the duo-prop, I'm ok with that unless the currents too much thanks !!!

Comment

Working...
                X