New Crownline Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Crownline Owner

Hello, I just purchased my first boat! It's a 1998 Crownline 225BR. Its has the 454 Mag MPI. Sorry, no pics, I don't know how to post them. Do I need an account somewhere or can I upload directly here? It's white with green stripe and gold graphics. I am the 3rd owner. The previous owner owned it 12 years and the original owner did tons of upgrades. It is Whipple charged, has Brodix heads, a cam, Stainless Marine exhaust, captains choice, an IMCO outdrive with a Stern Jack, and hydraulic ram steering. I purchased it as a mechanics special. Apparently the whipple tronics have went bad causing the extra injectors to feed too much fuel and flood the engine. It runs with them disconnected. I didn't get much documentation and will have tons of questions. I will try and make separate post for those. I am technically a mechanic, although not on cars, I work on elevators. I have however been an auto mechanic on my own and for a job when younger for about 30years. I do know my way around wiring and engines. I have an 820hp turbo mustang I built entirely including a custom Megasquirt system for the injection. I boated as a kid and was around lakes growing up. I have worked on a couple boats but not many. I live on the western slope of Colorado, and will be using the boat locally as well as taking it to lake powell occasionally. I want to use it for general boating and will be adding a tower for wakeboarding. So, just a little preface about me and my boat. I do have one question to get started. Why do a lot of Crownline boats have the number 12 on them?
    "Blown Money"
    1998 Crownline Whipple Charged 454 Mag MPI with heads and cam 750hp. IMCO drive and hydraulic steering.

Currently towed by a 2011 Supercharged Range Rover Sport with exhaust and supercharger pulley.

Welcome to the Crownie HQ Forum from Woodridge, Illinois. Sounds like you have an interesting ride.
    1999 CL 182 LPX - Solid Onyx - Tweaked 5.0 EFI, 19P Rev 4, Smart Tabs,
    Drive Shower & Wireless Remote Trim
    Schlepped by 2017 Dodge Durango Citadel HEMI
    Daily driver - '92 Corvette Convertible - Blackrose/Lt. Grey - 6 Speed. (sold)
    My New GSD Project - Winsome's Bearfoot Journey aka "Journey"

Comment

Was that boat from Indiana or Illinois or Michigan? Sounds like the one that a guy had that was on here years ago. I can't think of his stage name right now though.
      03 Cobalt 220 8.1gxi 420 9/20/16
      03 Cobalt 220 8.1gi 375 3/16 sold 9/16 "Always for Sale"
      Cobalt 220 5.7gxi 320 10/19/15 sold 2/16
      2004 Cobalt 200 350 mag. "Kids in Tow" 4/30/15 sold 10/8/15
      Clifford Sold 3/7/15 1999 Crownline 202
      350 mag 300 HP MPI Corsa
      Alpha One 1.47 Drive shower
      17p Rev 4, 21p Vensura
      Towed by 2010 Chevrolet Suburban 75th Diamond Edition.

Comment

I picked up the boat from a guy in Iowa. Sounds like it was built back around 2002-2003 at a place in Texas called Full Throttle Marine, as least from searching these forums and others for info thats what I'm finding.
        "Blown Money"
        1998 Crownline Whipple Charged 454 Mag MPI with heads and cam 750hp. IMCO drive and hydraulic steering.

Currently towed by a 2011 Supercharged Range Rover Sport with exhaust and supercharger pulley.

Comment

I was thinking it may have been an Iowa Boat, and if I recall correctly, it was on the Mississippi River.

Full Throttle Marine would be Bob Lloyd.
          Mark Swenson
          2005 Crownline 202 BR w/ 5.0 MPI

....We are ALL a little CRAZY, some of us just show it more than others !!!....

Comment

The PO did say he took it to the Mississippi and also Ozarks. So, is it as awesome as I was told or just a big hole in the water I need to throw money in?
            "Blown Money"

Comment

Welcome from TN. Yes that boat sounds familiar.
              2005 Crownline 216LS. "At-Risk Behavior"
              350 MAG MPI & Bravo III
              2012 Ram 1500 4wd Crew Cab.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.
                "Blown Money"

Comment

Here is a pic
                  "Blown Money"

Comment

. .

Mark Swenson
                    2005 Crownline 202 BR w/ 5.0 MPI

....We are ALL a little CRAZY, some of us just show it more than others !!!....

Comment

from Oregon. FTM = Bob Lloyd.

https://www.crowniehq.net/member/42-bob-lloyd
                      MISS "B" HAVEN

2007 Mastercraft X2, Indmar 350 MCX, 350 hp V-Drive (SOLD 8/12/16)

Previous boat (1999-2011) : 1999 202BR Carbed 5.7, 250HP, Alpha 1, 17P Rev 4

Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel

Comment

Bob Lloyd if I remember right was pretty legit!!!
                        2006 Crownline 180 BR
                        4.3 L MerCruiser Alpha One 1.81
                        Prestige trailer
                        Platform by: Swimplatform.com
                        19P Rev 4 SS Prop

Comment

Originally posted by Mark-P View Post
                          Bob Lloyd if I remember right was pretty legit!!!
                          Very legit. Great builder!
                          03 Cobalt 220 8.1gxi 420 9/20/16
                          03 Cobalt 220 8.1gi 375 3/16 sold 9/16 "Always for Sale"
                          Cobalt 220 5.7gxi 320 10/19/15 sold 2/16
                          2004 Cobalt 200 350 mag. "Kids in Tow" 4/30/15 sold 10/8/15
                          Clifford Sold 3/7/15 1999 Crownline 202
                          350 mag 300 HP MPI Corsa
                          Alpha One 1.47 Drive shower
                          17p Rev 4, 21p Vensura
                          Towed by 2010 Chevrolet Suburban 75th Diamond Edition.

Comment

I am also posting some questions at offdhoreonly and found bobl on there. I pm'd him. He said its the engine he built. Good to know he remembers.
                            "Blown Money"

Comment

Originally posted by Zfrilly View Post
                              I am also posting some questions at offdhoreonly and found bobl on there. I pm'd him. He said its the engine he built. Good to know he remembers.
                              That's cool...…………
                              MISS "B" HAVEN

2007 Mastercraft X2, Indmar 350 MCX, 350 hp V-Drive (SOLD 8/12/16)

Previous boat (1999-2011) : 1999 202BR Carbed 5.7, 250HP, Alpha 1, 17P Rev 4

Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel

Comment

Working...
                              X