No announcement yet.

Almost new guy in Oklahoma!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the LS series was introduced in either 2003 or 2004. The first models were 206, 216, and 226, which became the 210, 220, and 230 LS models in about 2006. This was a marketing thing ... the 206 had a 20'6" hull length. As a 210 model, which included the additional length of the swim platform, it is marketed as a 21' boat and people think they are getting a bigger boat but not really. This practice is common throughout most of the boat manufacturers.

The hull length and deadrise is what affects the ride quality of the boat.

The BR series were the original Crownline bowriders. These continued through about 2006 +/- and were renamed the SS series. I think Crownline was planning on phasing the BR series out, but a lot of Crownline owners loved the lines of those models with the pointed bow. The rounder nose of the LS series was not appealing to the original Crownline owners ... they were ugly and looked like all the other new boats - Sea Ray, Chapparal, Monterey, etc.

Crownline was originally a family owned boat manufacturer, but was sold/bought out in about 2003
    or 2004. I think ownership has changed a couple more times since 2008 - 2009. The boating industry took a big hit during that financial downturn.

So, between Randy and me, there is a brief Crownline history lesson for the day.
    Mark Swenson
    2005 Crownline 202 BR w/ 5.0 MPI

....We are ALL a little CRAZY, some of us just show it more than others !!!....

Comment

Thank you for the info Randy!

Comment

Working...
      X