Almost new guy in Oklahoma!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost new guy in Oklahoma!

Good day all!! Down payment made on 2004 Crownie 230 bowrider with 115 hours. Do have a question though? The ad(from a marina not an individual) refers to it as a 230db for deck boat. I can't find that designation anywhere online so figure this forum is the best place to find out. Looking at Youtube videos, our interior layout is the same as a 2003 230 LS but I can't for the life of me find out what the 'LS' stands for, if anything. The Crownline.com contact said it's just a "model designator".
    Anyhow, it looks and runs great and should be picking it up on Thursday afternoon!!
    First post but I appreciate all of the responses and welcomes seen on other intro posts and look forward to getting engaged as I learn more. Thanks! Russ
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Not sure what it means but others will.

I believe the LS series has a more rounded front where a bowrider BR has a pointy front.
    2006 Crownline 180 BR
    4.3 L MerCruiser Alpha One 1.81
    Prestige trailer
    Platform by: Swimplatform.com
    19P Rev 4 SS Prop

Comment

I'm not not sure of that model, but it's not a 2004, 230 BR. I have a 2003, 230 BR and they didn't drop that model until about 2006, changed it to 236 BR I think. Also, the 230 BR does not have the fast-tab hull like the picture shows. It might be a 230 LS, but I'm not familiar with that model enough to confirm. Welcome to the forum and good luck with finding the exact info. I'm sure there will be someone that can answer your question for sure. Happy Boating!

Comment

The front end looks very much like my 2006 220EX, deckboat. Not pointed like a traditional bow-rider, but wider with the flat front end. Nice boat!
        2006 220EX, 5.0L, Bravo III

Comment

Doesn’t look like an LS
          2005 Crownline 216LS. "At-Risk Behavior"
          350 MAG MPI & Bravo III
          2012 Ram 1500 4wd Crew Cab.

Comment

Appreciate the replies. Here are a couple more pics. It has 230 on the sides and other places so that's certain. This youtube video shows the exact same color scheme and year(2004) but different hull which seems to have more 'V'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJTlsYxC1a0&t=260s
            This youtube video is a 2003 230 LS and seems to match the interior layout and the hull design. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lsgnd4Gr84
            I need to see the title and confirm the year along with make as registered. Thanks again!
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Between about 2003 and 2006 Crownline went through numerous different models and model name changes.

I do not remember this particular model, but the Google machine resulted in the boat review for a 2003 230 EX.

Could be your model.

https://www.boats.com/reviews/perfor...of-weaknesses/
              Mark Swenson
              2005 Crownline 202 BR w/ 5.0 MPI

....We are ALL a little CRAZY, some of us just show it more than others !!!....

Comment

from S Carolina. Nice boat regardless of what model it actually is.
                MISS "B" HAVEN

2007 Mastercraft X2, Indmar 350 MCX, 350 hp V-Drive (SOLD 8/12/16)

Previous boat (1999-2011) : 1999 202BR Carbed 5.7, 250HP, Alpha 1, 17P Rev 4

Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel

Comment

That is an 230EX, deckboat. It's the exact same front as on my 220EX. The wider front and flatter bow make it the deck boat. Hope you enjoy yours. I love mine!
                  2006 220EX, 5.0L, Bravo III

Comment

I know there were 220 EX and 240 EX models, but I don't recall the 230 EX. I would guess that it was only made for a year or two and discontinued ... no need to make multiple models in one foot increments when there is little difference between them.
                    Mark Swenson

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation Safety Scott and Mark! Looking forward to picking up the boat tomorrow afternoon then make some plans to get in the water.

Comment

I used to have a lot of the Crownline brochures from the late 90s through mid 2000s but have been cleaning out boxes of stuff and have thrown a lot of those kind of things away.
                        Mark Swenson

Comment

OH, by the way ...

Mark Swenson

Comment

Welcome from Woodridge, Illinois.
                            1999 CL 182 LPX - Solid Onyx - Tweaked 5.0 EFI, 19P Rev 4, Smart Tabs,
                            Drive Shower & Wireless Remote Trim
                            Schlepped by 2017 Dodge Durango Citadel HEMI
                            Daily driver - '92 Corvette Convertible - Blackrose/Lt. Grey - 6 Speed. (sold)
                            My New GSD Project - Winsome's Bearfoot Journey aka "Journey"

Comment

As noted, that is a 230 EX of which EX was the deck boat designation starting in 2003 I believe.. That particular model started in 2003 also. In 2005? it was re-named the 240EX. It is a deckboat, not a deep V bow rider. I have a 2002 230 BR that was later re-named the 236LS in 2005, I believe, which is a deep V bow rider. so the LS became the bow rider designation. And later the SS model was also part of the bow rider designation. The later E series became the latest deckboat designation. The 230BR/236LS is a taller sided bow rider and the 230EX/240EX are also taller sided boats to accommodate them having portipotty compartments. The 230LS has a lower profile similar to the old 225BR and does not have a poritpotty compartment.
                              Last edited by Randy Andersen; 07-01-2020, 12:40 PM.
                              2002 Crownline 230BR, MX6.2, BIII, Prestige trailer, drug by a 2001 2500HD ext. cab 4x4

Comment

Working...
                              X