New to me trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me trailer

Bought a used bunk trailer knowing that it may have to be retro fitted to fit my 180, the trailer is built by Four Winns made for a Four Winn 180. No big dealio, not the end of the world. Put my boat on the trailer to see how far off the bunks were gonna be and of course the bunks need to be moved a few inches inward toward the keel. What I’m wondering is if someone with a 180br can get me or would be willing to get me some Hieght measurements off their trailer. Need to know how far off the frame and crossmembers their bunks sit. I’ve looked around on the internet but can’t seem to find any.

Thanks in advance,
    Thad
    Attached Files

Sorry for the sideways pic, and the not so great pic.

Comment

Who is the trailer manufacturer? I have not heard of a boat manufacturer making their own trailers. It is outsourced to trailer builders and normally left up to the selling dealer who they use. I would contact the trailer mfg. They can probably help you.
      2000 266BR Ruby & Opal

Comment

I could be wrong but looks like a heritage to me based on the bunk support bracket design and some other clues. Dave is right tho Boat mfg’s typically dont build the trailers. Look for a rating placard/sticker somewhere up front. It lists capacity, tires, vin. Mfg etc
        Tell me asshole - What's your fair share of everything I've worked for??? Please join me in starving and beating the govt back to it's honeymoon physique.

2000 Formula 260SS 502 Mag B3
        2003 Suburban 2500 8.1L
        2011 Honda Civic w/1.8L
        2017 Honda Civic w/1.5L

Comment

It says manufactured by Fabrique for Four Winns trailer division on the trailer tag and titled as Four Winns trailer. Either way I’ll see if I can get some info from heritage and crownline on it. Moving the bunks side to side is easy but just wanted the hieghts to be close to correct so it’s not sitting to close to the fenders and I hafta cut and reweld again.

Comment

Will do, send tommorow with pics
            2012 18SS with a .75 V8
            (Jarhead Therapy)
            Home Turf; Fox Chain of Lakes
            2017 Tundra 4x4
            Lakemoor Illinois
            Curator of worthless input

Comment

If you want to use this as a point of reference here is how my 180 sits on its Load-Rite trailer.
              Attached Files

Comment

Four Winns make their own trailers. From their company website:

Four Winns® is one of the few recreational boat manufacturers in the world to make its own custom-matched, all-welded trailer. The difference lies in how easily the boat can be launched and loaded, plus, it provides great stability while towing. It's a difference you'll appreciate every time you're at a crowded marina or launch, and it's a Four Winns exclusive, which means it's truly priceless.
                "Maravalis"
                2001 CROWNLINE 230 BR
                350 Mag/Bravo III

2019 F-150 4X4 SuperCrew XLT Special Edition
                EcoBoost 400 lb.-ft. of torque

Comment

Originally posted by Mark-O View Post
                  Four Winns make their own trailers. From their company website:

Four Winns® is one of the few recreational boat manufacturers in the world to make its own custom-matched, all-welded trailer. The difference lies in how easily the boat can be launched and loaded, plus, it provides great stability while towing. It's a difference you'll appreciate every time you're at a crowded marina or launch, and it's a Four Winns exclusive, which means it's truly priceless.
                  News to me.
                  2000 266BR Ruby & Opal

Comment

Malibu makes their own now too. Huge improvement over any of the other trailers I have seen.
                    2014 Malibu Wakesetter 23LSV with 450 HP LS3
                    2004 Crownline 216 LS 350 Mag BIII "All Paws on Deck" - SOLD with 685 Hours on the clock!
                    2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn
                    2007 Lund 1660 Sport

Comment

215CD875-4165-4BCE-9ABD-A56B66D4DF7A.jpeg

Fits pretty not to bad, pulls like a dream now. Much much better then the old yatch club roller trailer. Next winter I will spray it with Bedliner material, I did Hafta move the bunks some to make it fit. I have just over $500 into this trailer so I’m pretty happy aboot the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Sturtzie View Post
                        [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":588691[/ATTACH]

Fits pretty not to bad, pulls like a dream now. Much much better then the old yatch club roller trailer. Next winter I will spray it with Bedliner material, I did Hafta move the bunks some to make it fit. I have just over $500 into this trailer so I’m pretty happy aboot the switch.
                        You can use little 4 inch paint rollers for bedliner, too. Leave the boat on the trailer. See my trailer rehab thread on here.....https://www.crowniehq.net/forum/trailers/22133-

Also on YouTube.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SDwY3nnhjw&t=19s
                        Tom and Jo
                        Summer Salts
                        STL MO, Mississippi River Alton Pool River Rats
                        2003 Chaparral 210 SS, 5.0 MPI Alpha
                        2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn Quad Cab, 5.7 Hemi

Comment

Working...
                        X