No announcement yet.

Trailer Tire Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang, I would have wagered that all the single axles I've had with 180BRs (which isn't many) had 15 inch rims. I even remember thinking how big the fender seemed. And I'll never forget that bounce...HA!!!

I just grabbed my Eagle Trailer specs and only the 3000 capacity single axle trailers, or less, have 14C tires. The next size up, which are 4200 lb capacity trailers are running 15D. Found an old spec sheet for Heritage (circa 2011) and same thing.

My Yacht Club specs are showing 14C on singles up to 2900 capacity. The 3500 capacity singles are running 15C. Same is true for my Shorelander specs.

What's the 180 weigh wet? I don't think it would go on a trailer rated at 3000 capacity.
    Boat Covers and Bimini Tops here: www.BaldMikes.com

Pre-Enjoyed Boats: www.BaldMikesBoats.com

Two-thirds of the earth’s surface would be wasted, if it wasn’t for boating.

Comment

I just ordered tires for my utility trailer: Freestar M-108 Radial Trailer tire ST215/75R14 C/6 ply $36.76 each at Walmart. I know nothing about them other than they are cheap and had good reviews. I would probably go with a name brand for boat trailer tires though.
      Joe

Comment

Thanks everybody for your help.

The trailer has the Crownline decals all over it, but I think those were manufactured by Heritage. It's quite possible I'm totally making that up tho.

Comment

Check the Goodyear Endurance tires they come in D and E load rates.
          I put 4 on my trailer a few weeks ago in E. The originals were C
          Tell me asshole - What's your fair share of everything I've worked for??? Please join me in starving and beating the govt back to it's honeymoon physique.

2000 Formula 260SS 502 Mag B3
          2003 Suburban 2500 8.1L
          2011 Honda Civic w/1.8L
          2017 Honda Civic w/1.5L

Comment

I'm with Paul about the new Goodyear Endurance. i'm switching from Marathons to Endurance this year. A buddy of mine just bought a set in D range. Plus they are highway rated at "N", which for me is a good thing, since we drive 5 hours to Table Rock every year. No more blown Marathons. And made in America.
            ICT LPX
            2003 Crownline LPX 225 / 350 Mag
            2010 Ram 2500 / Cummins Turbo Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by Bald Mike View Post
              Dang, I would have wagered that all the single axles I've had with 180BRs (which isn't many) had 15 inch rims. I even remember thinking how big the fender seemed. And I'll never forget that bounce...HA!!!

I just grabbed my Eagle Trailer specs and only the 3000 capacity single axle trailers, or less, have 14C tires. The next size up, which are 4200 lb capacity trailers are running 15D. Found an old spec sheet for Heritage (circa 2011) and same thing.

My Yacht Club specs are showing 14C on singles up to 2900 capacity. The 3500 capacity singles are running 15C. Same is true for my Shorelander specs.

What's the 180 weigh wet? I don't think it would go on a trailer rated at 3000 capacity.

I weighted my BR 180 at a CAT scale a few years ago. Fuel full and standard stowed gear. No coolers or extra stuff or people.

3900 lbs on the axle and about 400-500 lbs est tongue weight. Prestige torsion axle trailer. Thats why my 3600 lb 14” load range c tires scared me on a single axle trailer.

I found LR D tires which provide a capacity of 4540 lbs capacity, which i feel better about. The axle is a 4000 lb axle that UFP said had at least a 10% safety factor, so I guess 4400 lbs.

Thats what i know. A lot less bounce with the D tires aired up to max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              2006 Crownline 180 BR
              4.3 L MerCruiser Alpha One 1.81
              Prestige trailer
              Platform by: Swimplatform.com
              19P Rev 4 SS Prop

Comment

Wow- 3900 lbs is a little more that I would have expected. I always figured it fell closer to 3500 plus the extra gear. Now I really am more concerned about my 'C' rated tires!

Comment

I will look for my scale slip. I think i have it at work. To double check my memory.

2006 Crownline 180 BR
                  Prestige trailer
                  19P Rev 4 SS Prop

Comment

Suburban with boat

Trailer axle only on scale

2006 Crownline 180 BR
                    Prestige trailer
                    19P Rev 4 SS Prop

Comment

180 is a very heavy 18' compared to others. My taco hated hooking up to the little pig. One trip to Loop Cruise i have 5 people, coolers, boat. I was maxed out in the Tacoma. I will get a better load range next go. It does bounch alot, and i am maxed out at 55psi.
                      2012 18SS with a .75 V8
                      (Jarhead Therapy)
                      Home Turf; Fox Chain of Lakes
                      2017 Tundra 4x4
                      Lakemoor Illinois
                      Curator of worthless input

Comment

I ran my LR C Goodyear marathons at 60 psi. I remember some sort of bulletin recommending that.

Feel much better with the D tires.

2006 Crownline 180 BR
                        Prestige trailer
                        19P Rev 4 SS Prop

Comment

Working...
                        X