Vault System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vault System

Does anyone know how the guarantee works on the Vault system? Says up to 10 years. Mine need work.
    Attached Files
    2014 Malibu Wakesetter 23LSV with 450 HP LS3
    2004 Crownline 216 LS 350 Mag BIII "All Paws on Deck" - SOLD with 685 Hours on the clock!
    2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn
    2007 Lund 1660 Sport

Check your owners manual. Or Tommy's should know.
    03 Cobalt 220 8.1gxi 420 9/20/16
    03 Cobalt 220 8.1gi 375 3/16 sold 9/16 "Always for Sale"
    Cobalt 220 5.7gxi 320 10/19/15 sold 2/16
    2004 Cobalt 200 350 mag. "Kids in Tow" 4/30/15 sold 10/8/15
    Clifford Sold 3/7/15 1999 Crownline 202
    350 mag 300 HP MPI Corsa
    Alpha One 1.47 Drive shower
    17p Rev 4, 21p Vensura
    Towed by 2010 Chevrolet Suburban 75th Diamond Edition.

Comment

I once called them. I think that in the first year of operation you had to extend the warranty to the 10 year point. I think otherwise it was 5 years.
      As others have said, read the manual and call the company. They're actually located in San Marcos, CA (the city next to mine). I know where there factory is as I used to drive by it on the way to lunch. Hope that is helpful.
      Carlsbad, California
      Current Boat: 2015 Formula 350 CBR
      Previous Boat: 2009 Crownline 252 EX
      Vehicle: 2018 Chevy Bolt

Comment

I had the same conversation with them as Alec. I did not pay to extend it. 🤞Going on year 8 with mine and so far they have been trouble free. One hub did experience a bit of lubricant seepage but nothing major. I keep a close eye on my hubs before and after trips for heat or oil leakage.
        There really is nothing special or magical about the vault hubs other than the hybrid grease than thins to oil in use. I was skeptical at first but wouldn’t hesitate to buy a trailer again that has them.
        Tell me asshole - What's your fair share of everything I've worked for??? Please join me in starving and beating the govt back to it's honeymoon physique.

2000 Formula 260SS 502 Mag B3
        2003 Suburban 2500 8.1L
        2011 Honda Civic w/1.8L
        2017 Honda Civic w/1.5L

Comment

Just a wild guess, but you may be able to get some more information if you call 800-854-1905.
          "The problem with internet quotes is that they are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln

2017 E4 350hp 6.2L BIII
          2005 240EX "Chaos" (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by DrewM5 View Post
            Just a wild guess, but you may be able to get some more information if you call 800-854-1905.
            Thanks for that jack-wad.

And I did call them. They transferred me to a lady that spoke.......southern? Really hard to understand, but basically she said that when the sticker says "NO INSPECTION - NO MAINTENANCE - NO SERVICE REQUIRED" it really doesn't mean anything. Because she said I should still inspect and service yearly (or twice a year with my number of miles).

Right now my plan is that I am just going to have my trailer guy put them together however he thinks best. I really don't know what if any advantage they have over anything else if they are not maintenance free.
            2004 Crownline 216 LS 350 Mag BIII "All Paws on Deck" - SOLD with 685 Hours on the clock!
            2007 Lund 1660 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Bretz View Post
              Thanks for that jack-wad.
              "The problem with internet quotes is that they are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln

2017 E4 350hp 6.2L BIII
              2005 240EX "Chaos" (Sold)

Comment

I have the same, 5 yrs old. Maybe 2000 miles on trailer. But has been dunked 200 times. Mine seem ok, no heat after a 50 mile round trip to Lake Geneva. Have had a heat gun for awhile, always the same on both.

Good luck!
                2012 18SS with a .75 V8
                (Jarhead Therapy)
                Home Turf; Fox Chain of Lakes
                2017 Tundra 4x4
                Lakemoor Illinois
                Curator of worthless input

Comment

Originally posted by jim r 2012 18SS View Post
                  I have the same, 5 yrs old. Maybe 2000 miles on trailer. But has been dunked 200 times. Mine seem ok, no heat after a 50 mile round trip to Lake Geneva. Have had a heat gun for awhile, always the same on both.

Good luck!
                  I just tow more than your average boater. In a slow year, I probably do 6000 miles pretty easily. And I haven't had a slow year since I bought this boat.

So, I went to my dealer today. The main service advisor is out, but will be back tomorrow. This is the first that they have heard about the need to service the bearings as well, so there is quite a lack of communication going around.

Anyway, I will check back tomorrow, but I am guessing that I will not pursue the warranty on this, and just add an annual wheel bearing service to the list of annual maintenance.
                  2007 Lund 1660 Sport

Comment

Ryan you say they need work what symptoms are you experiencing?
                    Make sure whoever works on them uses the special hybrid grease.
                    Tell me asshole - What's your fair share of everything I've worked for??? Please join me in starving and beating the govt back to it's honeymoon physique.

2000 Formula 260SS 502 Mag B3
                    2003 Suburban 2500 8.1L
                    2011 Honda Civic w/1.8L
                    2017 Honda Civic w/1.5L

Comment

Too much play in the wheel. I can move it even when it is on the ground. Or I should say move them. Also uneven tire wear.

The guy that is going to work on them has worked on my trailers (boat included) for years. He also does the trailer work for both the Tige dealer as well as MC, so he is familiar with the system. Heck, I wouldn't have even checked them if he didn't say something to me when he was working on my RV and Lund.

We discussed the proper grease, and he said he prefers something else. Right now, my gut is to go with what he recommends.

If I have to service the wheel bearings every year anyway, what is the advantage of the Vault?
                      2007 Lund 1660 Sport

Comment

Having been someone who has experienced a couple bearing issues over the years despite trying to be as preventative as possible I really liked the idea of the Vault until they themselves said annual service is required! Apparently their marketing department didn't clear their "NO INSPECTION - NO MAINTENANCE - NO SERVICE REQUIRED" through all channels at the company!

Comment

So, I didn't update this before our trip, but I did have the axles serviced last week.

Bearings needed to be repacked, and the seals replaced.

The "preload/endplay was extremely loose. Castle nuts on all 4 spindles were 1/2 - 3/4 turn loose and could be turned by hand".

And my brake pads were at about 50%.

I ill take the work order to my dealer, and see what they/vault say. But my expectation is that I am on my own, and will be having this service done at least every other year for as long as I own the boat (regardless of what Vault puts on a sticker on the trailer).
                          2007 Lund 1660 Sport

Comment

Working...
                          X