Platform on a 1998 225BR With Drive Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Platform on a 1998 225BR With Drive Mods

Got my 1998 225BR just before winter and planned on a platform before I even picked up the boat. When I got the boat the previous owner explained that with the Stern-Jack that is on the drive I cannot use the trailer tilt button as it causes the top hat/drive shower to hit the factory swim step. For those of you with a swim platform are you able to use your trailer tilt? if so, how much room do you have between the drive and swim platform? Pics of that area would be amazing as all I find are pics of the topside. Also, I am planning on adding trim tabs to the boat but it looks like the angled steel pieces coming from the platform to the lower transom area may interfere, does anyone here have a combo of swim platform and hydraulic or electric tabs? Does the verticle support have any leeway or is it very specific to a certain spot on the transom. I really want a platform so hope that I can fit all this back there!
    "Blown Money"
    1998 Crownline Whipple Charged 454 Mag MPI with heads and cam 750hp. IMCO drive and hydraulic steering.

Currently towed by a 2011 Supercharged Range Rover Sport with exhaust and supercharger pulley.

I have a swimplatforms platform and my alpha drive come within an inch when fully raised to trailer position.
    2006 Crownline 180 BR
    4.3 L MerCruiser Alpha One 1.81
    Prestige trailer
    Platform by: Swimplatform.com
    19P Rev 4 SS Prop

Comment

Well, at least you can use trailer trim. Gives me hope that maybe it will work just not being able to use the trailer trim.
      "Blown Money"
      1998 Crownline Whipple Charged 454 Mag MPI with heads and cam 750hp. IMCO drive and hydraulic steering.

Currently towed by a 2011 Supercharged Range Rover Sport with exhaust and supercharger pulley.

Comment

I have seen custom platforms with a hinged enter piece to allow the lower unit to raise fully.
        MISS "B" HAVEN

2007 Mastercraft X2, Indmar 350 MCX, 350 hp V-Drive (SOLD 8/12/16)

Previous boat (1999-2011) : 1999 202BR Carbed 5.7, 250HP, Alpha 1, 17P Rev 4

Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel

Comment

Thanks Randy, I will have to ask the guys at swimplatforms.com That gives me some hope as well!
          "Blown Money"

Comment

Just mount it even with the swim pad!
            03 Cobalt 220 8.1gxi 420 9/20/16
            03 Cobalt 220 8.1gi 375 3/16 sold 9/16 "Always for Sale"
            Cobalt 220 5.7gxi 320 10/19/15 sold 2/16
            2004 Cobalt 200 350 mag. "Kids in Tow" 4/30/15 sold 10/8/15
            Clifford Sold 3/7/15 1999 Crownline 202
            350 mag 300 HP MPI Corsa
            Alpha One 1.47 Drive shower
            17p Rev 4, 21p Vensura
            Towed by 2010 Chevrolet Suburban 75th Diamond Edition.

Comment

Looks like the way it mounts is a flange that goes under the factory swim step and two steel braces that come down to the transom. Not sure how I would mount it at the same level. I also want it as close to water as possible.
              "Blown Money"

Comment

I know I was being sarcastic.
                03 Cobalt 220 8.1gxi 420 9/20/16
                03 Cobalt 220 8.1gi 375 3/16 sold 9/16 "Always for Sale"
                Cobalt 220 5.7gxi 320 10/19/15 sold 2/16
                2004 Cobalt 200 350 mag. "Kids in Tow" 4/30/15 sold 10/8/15
                Clifford Sold 3/7/15 1999 Crownline 202
                350 mag 300 HP MPI Corsa
                Alpha One 1.47 Drive shower
                17p Rev 4, 21p Vensura
                Towed by 2010 Chevrolet Suburban 75th Diamond Edition.

Comment

Sorry, didn't catch that. They do have a model that mounts over the swim step, just seems like a climb to call it a swim plat form and doesn't look as good to me.
                  "Blown Money"

Comment

There are drive shims you can install to limit how high the drive raises.
                    2004 White 225 LPX 320 hp 5.7 VP GXI
                    "Lollygaggin"
                    2001 192br
                    "Cuzz Damn" Sold
                    Mark & Lisa

Comment

The drive is already limited to trim operation and cannot use trailer. I would prefer to at least keep full trim ability, my trailer is already low and I don't wanna scrape the out drive while towing.
                      "Blown Money"

Comment

A guy who used to be on this site had a 225, 350 MAG, and installed a Swimplatforms.com swim platform on his boat. He didn't have any issues with the drive. Anybody have a pic of Greg Ruhl's old boat?
                        2002 Crownline 230BR, MX6.2, BIII, Prestige trailer, drug by a 2001 2500HD ext. cab 4x4

Comment

It's the stern jack that causes the issue. Also, as you can see, with the power steering, exhaust, and drive combo there is a lot going on out back. I am hoping there is some flexibility/customization that can be done by the guys at swimplatforms.com to make this work. I would like to add trim tabs and am starting to have a real estate battle! Has anyone had them to customize on for them?
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 3 photos.
                          "Blown Money"

Comment

Ah that was Quick2500's boat i think? Anyone remember where he was from? He went to the Loop Cruise before.
                            1995 Powerquest 257 XL Legend
                            496 MAG, Bravo III w/ 28's
                            Good Enough Too

Previous: 1997 Crownline 202 BR - Good Enough

Towwer: 2001 Chevy Suburban, Murdered, 4x4, Loaded

Comment

Nate, wasn't Quick's a CCR?

At least that is what pops into my head.
                              Mark Swenson
                              2005 Crownline 202 BR w/ 5.0 MPI

....We are ALL a little CRAZY, some of us just show it more than others !!!....

Comment

Working...
                              X