2020 St. Louis Boat Show Jan 31 to Feb 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 St. Louis Boat Show Jan 31 to Feb 2

Some Chicago area folk are talking about going to St. Louis again for the boat show. Billy Arnold and I have been texting and he is considering going. Who else?

We would head down Friday, probably go to the Bud Brewery tour Saturday morning and then the boat show in the afternoon. Last year, we found a newer Mexican restaurant down the block from the hotel that was pretty good. I know there is a good steak house nearby and the hotel has a good Irish bar. There are still a couple places on the Landing for food.
    2002 Crownline 230BR, MX6.2, BIII, Prestige trailer, drug by a 2001 2500HD ext. cab 4x4

Do you like the St Louis boat show better than the Chicago or the Milwaukee? We have been debating between Chicago and Milwaukee from here in Cedar Rapids Iowa and have not been to any of the three we are talking about here. I am needing a boat and toy fix here with winter just starting to really set in here!
    1996 Crownline 225BR 7.4 w/ B3
    Swim Platform

Comment

I have never been to Milwaukee's show. Chicago is bigger than all of them, but unless you stay at the hotel right attached to McCormick Place, you have to travel anywhere else for a choice of food etc. I like St. Louis because the hotel, restaurants, the Arch, and the boat show are all in walking distance. We do have to drive or Uber to the Bud Brewery tour, but other than that, it all within walking distance.
      2002 Crownline 230BR, MX6.2, BIII, Prestige trailer, drug by a 2001 2500HD ext. cab 4x4

Comment

Also, I will probably go to the Chicago boat show too since I live in the Chicago area. We usually go to a Greek restaurant after the show for dinner.

Comment

SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Boat Shows may lead to excessive consumption of unnecessary but thoroughly rewarding vessels!
          "The problem with internet quotes is that they are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln

2017 E4 350hp 6.2L BIII
          2005 240EX "Chaos" (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Andersen View Post
            Some Chicago area folk are talking about going to St. Louis again for the boat show. Billy Arnold and I have been texting and he is considering going. Who else?

We would head down Friday, probably go to the Bud Brewery tour Saturday morning and then the boat show in the afternoon. Last year, we found a newer Mexican restaurant down the block from the hotel that was pretty good. I know there is a good steak house nearby and the hotel has a good Irish bar. There are still a couple places on the Landing for food.
            We stay with lake family (both campgrounders and the true boaters) at the Drury Inn Convention (have had our rooms since August). Leave your winter coat in the room and walk to boat show in a fleece. Will usually do lunch at a restaurant and use the 5:30 Kickback at the hotel for dinner and to kick off the evening beverages. Note: see below for restaurant recommendation...

Originally posted by hawkeyestoob View Post
            Do you like the St Louis boat show better than the Chicago or the Milwaukee? We have been debating between Chicago and Milwaukee from here in Cedar Rapids Iowa and have not been to any of the three we are talking about here. I am needing a boat and toy fix here with winter just starting to really set in here!
            St. Louis, especially if you are going for that mid-winter reunion with your lake family! If you get lucky, depending on your viewpoint, boat show and Mardi Gras are the same weekend, woohoo! Have been to Chicago (not recently), never to Milwaukee show. Even further below for restaurant recommendation...

Originally posted by Randy Andersen View Post
            I have never been to Milwaukee's show. Chicago is bigger than all of them, but unless you stay at the hotel right attached to McCormick Place, you have to travel anywhere else for a choice of food etc. I like St. Louis because the hotel, restaurants, the Arch, and the boat show are all in walking distance. We do have to drive or Uber to the Bud Brewery tour, but other than that, it all within walking distance.
            Ditto all of that. Never done the brewery tour there but have done brewery/distillery tours other places, so never felt the need.
            Do you enjoy BBQ? (Restaurant Recommendation) If you have not been and enjoy BBQ, you should definitely try https://sugarfiresmokehouse.com/loca...-downtown-stl/. Don't let a long line and crowd scare you off, things move reasonably quick and tables empty out and match the line speed fairly well. For dessert, they have adult milkshakes, that is if you still have room after the BBQ, lol!
            Last edited by Splash Monkey; 12-06-2019, 04:51 PM. Reason: Updated Sugarfire link to reflect downtown location.
            '02 Crownline 266CCR

Comment

Did you ever make it down to STL Dan?? Sorry we missed you if so. We ended up at place called Gringos for dinner Friday and it was excellent Mexican fare. Typically we endure downgrades in the eats dept when traveling to boating locales and smaller cities but St Louis definitely bucked that. Went to a Whiskey-BBQ place Sat with a group of 25 people that unfortunately overwhelmed the lone waitress trainee serving us so needless to say they fell down on service. Too bad because you could tell it was good food. The owner knew it and felt bad so he discounted everyone's tab. Boat show itself was meh, especially since none of us was shopping but we did run into a few CL/CHQ folks from KC and S.IL farming crew. Great meeting you Kdubya. Maybe we'll see you at TRL this summer
              Tell me asshole - What's your fair share of everything I've worked for??? Please join me in starving and beating the govt back to it's honeymoon physique.

2000 Formula 260SS 502 Mag B3
              2003 Suburban 2500 8.1L
              2011 Honda Civic w/1.8L
              2017 Honda Civic w/1.5L

Comment

I just saw this post. Paul did you make it to Table Rock over the summer? This certainly was not a typical year for our boating season. We are wrapping up the season in a few more weeks, 🥺.
                Table Rock Lake
                Regal 2700 ES
                "Memory Maker"
                F150 Ecoboost
                CL 225 BR "Athena's Odd-a-Sea";
                CL 192 BR "Kryptonite"

Comment

Despite the unknown, I noticed that the boat shows are tentatively scheduled for next year, 2021.

Comment

Working...
                  X