Retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retirement

Well - I requested a retirement date. 1 Feb 2011. Now I'm nervous. Anyway, that will give me 25 years, 6 months, and 6 days in the Air Force. Long enough. So then what? Can't afford to not work. Oh boy...

First of all Thank You.

Greg some how I can not see you in retirement, setting around the house trying to figure out what to do next. You have a year to figure it out, right?

Best of luck to you and follow those dreams that have not come true yet.
    Tri Toon with 250 HP on the ass end

Comment

Congrats and THANKS brother!

Still planning on the move to MI?
      '04 Crownline 180BR
      Happier Hour

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ruhl View Post
        Well - I requested a retirement date. 1 Feb 2011. Now I'm nervous. Anyway, that will give me 25 years, 6 months, and 6 days in the Air Force. Long enough. So then what? Can't afford to not work. Oh boy...

From an Army Veteran who was very appreciative of USAF Close Air Support from the turret of his tank---Thanks! Best of luck in this year figiuring out what you'll do next.
        Carlsbad, California
        Current Boat: 2015 Formula 350 CBR
        Previous Boat: 2009 Crownline 252 EX
        Vehicle: 2018 Chevy Bolt

Comment

Schotts Brewery is hiring beer testers in Milwaukee, WI. Lavern and Shirley retired so there was an opening. Go for it man!
          My Corona

Comment

Dang Greg, I am envious. You can always take some time and go back to school to start something different. Alot of things can change in a year, hopefully for better.
            2002 Crownline 230BR, MX6.2, BIII, Prestige trailer, drug by a 2001 2500HD ext. cab 4x4

Comment

Thanks all. All things are good now. Not sure about the move. Really worrying about moving the kiddos in their first year of high school. Cody doesn't care but brenna is a mess about it. We'll see. Another thing to consider is with all these folks leaving because of the HYT changes, there will be many home for sale. Make it a bit harder to sell mine.

I'd love to go to MI.

Comment

Brian Bennett said he would be presiding officer to retire me. Retire on my wedding anniversary, by my best friend. I like it.

Comment

I'm confused. Based on the wording in your previous thread, it looked like you would get one year of severance pay if you were forced to retire on April 1st.

Either way, congrats on the retirement and thanks for your service!
                  Jim

'06 180BR 4.3 Amethyst
                  '06 F-150 SC 5.4

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

Comment

Greg, congrats on your retirement, when I retired from the CG I just took a month off to assimilate to civilian life, alas once military always military. Take time and find the passion of what you truly want to do, you'll have an income anyway.

Comment

I'm sure you will fine something to do and with your retirement package it will make things easier. Congrats and thank you
                      Good judgement comes from experience.Experience comes from bad judgement.

Comment

Wow Greg. I am a little envious of you and at the same time, I'm a little nervous about my own retirement. I'm in a little different situation being "mday" in the Military but full time as a Federal Technician. I have 29 years military, and 26 years Fed Tech. I can't start drawing my retirement until age 56 (8 more years) so I will HAVE to work. I havn't been given a specific date, but like the AF, the NG is going through some personnel "changes". I'm sure they will keep me long enough to deploy at least one more time, but I see after that them giving me an "option out". With the current economy, looking for employment in the private sector does not sound promising. I'm sure you will be fine and land on your feet. However, I have too many roots here to pick up and move across the country for a job. All I can say is Congratulations and Good Luck.
                        Will work for GAS!!!

Comment

Same thing here. Air Guard Technician. Not anywhere close to thinking about leaving yet but there will be life after the military one way or the other.
                          2010 & 2011 vBookie NA$CAR Champ

Comment

MISS "B" HAVEN

2007 Mastercraft X2, Indmar 350 MCX, 350 hp V-Drive (SOLD 8/12/16)

Previous boat (1999-2011) : 1999 202BR Carbed 5.7, 250HP, Alpha 1, 17P Rev 4

Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel

Comment

Hey Greg, that's awesome news! Reaching retirement isn't as easy as some think in today's military! Conrgats and thanks!! I think you should start rebuilding four wheelers. LOL! you love the work.. and there are plenty of folks bashing those things around.. who knows.. maybe you'd be the next "Chip Foose of four wheelers!"
                              2001 Bayliner 212 Cuddy 5.7 250hp
                              Just Wakin' Up!

2009 Ford Expedition EL, 4x4, XLT, 5.4l, HD Tow Package
                              2010 Hyundai Genesis, V-8 Technology package, Black Pearl with Black Interior. Awesome.

Goodbye old friend...2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 600, 6spd
                              Dodge made it, Cummins shook it!

Comment

Working...
                              X