Architects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Architects?

Is anyone on here an acrhitect or a AE? My uncle is building on his Cumberland lot and since the county he is building in has no structural codes or inspections there are some questions that come up.

Anyone?
    1995 Powerquest 257 XL Legend
    496 MAG, Bravo III w/ 28's
    Good Enough Too

Previous: 1997 Crownline 202 BR - Good Enough

Towwer: 2001 Chevy Suburban, Murdered, 4x4, Loaded

Architect, no, but I'm in the building field for the last 6yrs. What questions?i have plenty of resources to tap into being the vp of the local remodelers council...
    [email protected]

1999 Bayliner 3055 Cierra Sunbridge
    "Ain't Misbehavin"

Comment

I always wanted to be an Architect.....
      2008 Sea Ray 270SLX
      2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax/Allison
      2006 KZ Jag 32JSS

Comment

I took a couple terms of architecture about 30 yrs ago......then changed to ME........

Sorry, I'm of no help here........
        MISS "B" HAVEN

2007 Mastercraft X2, Indmar 350 MCX, 350 hp V-Drive (SOLD 8/12/16)

Previous boat (1999-2011) : 1999 202BR Carbed 5.7, 250HP, Alpha 1, 17P Rev 4

Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel

Comment

Well he is building a house with attic trusses and using that as part of the living space. I have some prints that I could email as a PDF, I don't want to post them on line. We have some beam size questions along with need some advice for the best way to approach some things.
          Good Enough Too

Comment

Nate, I have a cousin that lives by Kings Island that is one I could hook you up with if you want to call him with questions. Just PM me. Michelle SPOILEDROTTEN

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Byrge View Post
              I always wanted to be an Architect.....
              So did George Costanza

Two time Crownie HQ Fantasy Football Super Bowl Champ

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Baker View Post
                So did George Costanza
                that's mr vandelay. art vandelay of vandelay industries. ever see the guggenheim? really it was no trouble...
                Jason Wilson
                Johnston, IA

Comment

Originally posted by Nauti Willie View Post
                  that's mr vandelay. art vandelay of vandelay industries. ever see the guggenheim? really it was no trouble...
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67L0pbneT2w

Two time Crownie HQ Fantasy Football Super Bowl Champ

Comment

Nate, I got your email. Ill take a look, but all the builders up here don't even try to guess the dos and don'ts to trusses because everything here has to be approved by an engineer before being ordered through the lumber yard. You could probably hit the local Lowe's and talk to one of the contract sales guys and they usually give that info out for free...

As far as the design, I would make the bath with the washer and dryer deeper into the hall space. if anyone plans to do laundry have to close the bath door to get to the washer will drive the women in the family insane after about three loads...

your plant shelves in the great room will cut the light from the upper windows, I would delete them all together...

If you want, I could draw up a kitchen plan for you with an island to gather around at...
                    [email protected]

"Ain't Misbehavin"

Comment

I think he wants to keep the kitchen open for now to have a large 10' table or so.

I was thinking a island with a bar height for 3-4 people would be nice to gather around.

I do actually need to figure out how to do an island at our house. We have an open kitchen and no counter space. So it can double as storage and hang out area.

Good Enough Too

Comment

All I know is whenever we have people over you can't pry them away from around the kitchen island. Make it as large as practical.
                        Tell me asshole - What's your fair share of everything I've worked for??? Please join me in starving and beating the govt back to it's honeymoon physique.

2000 Formula 260SS 502 Mag B3
                        2003 Suburban 2500 8.1L
                        2011 Honda Civic w/1.8L
                        2017 Honda Civic w/1.5L

Comment

Hey Nate,
                          Grab a roll of Painters tape and layout a 24" Deep by 60" length island on your kitchen floor. Give yourself at least 3 ft from the refrigerator ( usually 3 1/2) then you and your wife can get a better sense of size for the room. Just remember your standard appliances are usually 30" wide so you need to be able to pull out the range or dishwasher from their spots once the island is mounted in place.
                          [email protected]

"Ain't Misbehavin"

Comment

Yeah we leave a 8ft folding table up in the kitchen to act as the island. I really want to have a normal height counter and stepped up to the bar height. I am trying to figure out how to do all of this. Do I need a knee wall on the back of the counter height portion to support the bar height and use some brackets to support it?

I want electrical in the island for hosting and want not. I don't think water is nessecary. I was hoping for about 20 inches of counter and 18inches for the bar height. I don't think they make stock cabinets that short? We want to buy some unstained ones and match them to the current ones and then do storage for larger items in it, George Foreman, waffle maker, etc.
                            Good Enough Too

Comment

Actually they vanity cabinets that are 18" and 21" deep which would get what you want. Yes build a knee wall and skin it to match the cabinets.
                              [email protected]

"Ain't Misbehavin"

Comment

Working...
                              X