So what do you guys do for a living?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what do you guys do for a living?

Just curious as I'm always amazed at the background diversity among groups like this. It's usually pretty cool.

I work in the Occupational Safety & Health field. Been up here in TN for about 8 years now. Before that, I worked on various construction projects all over the country and one stint in the Caribbean for about a year.

I enjoy it, most days.........LOL.

2005 Crownline 216LS. "At-Risk Behavior"
    350 MAG MPI & Bravo III
    2012 Ram 1500 4wd Crew Cab.

Geaux Saints!!!!

I could have swore we had a thread for this but I can't find it.

I spent 9 years in the Marine Corps from 1996 - 2005 and that allowed me the opportunity to become a DoD IT contractor.

Been doing that ever since down here in Sunny, I boat all year long, Tampa, Florida!!
    2011 Cobalt 262 with Mercruiser 8.2L and BIII
    ----

Click Here to Donate to CrownieHQ

Comment

25 years Hewlett-Packard engineer, retired

Currently, engineering project manager at MEI, LLC. We make wafer fab process equipment for the electronics and solar industries.

www.meillc.com
      MISS "B" HAVEN

2007 Mastercraft X2, Indmar 350 MCX, 350 hp V-Drive (SOLD 8/12/16)

Previous boat (1999-2011) : 1999 202BR Carbed 5.7, 250HP, Alpha 1, 17P Rev 4

Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel

Comment

Civil engineer for site development until the economy died. Now I am an assistant plant manager and metrics coordinator (take care of the timecard computer program and employee roster etc.) for a company that contracts to CAT. So, I guess I am a manager for a logistics company.
        2002 Crownline 230BR, MX6.2, BIII, Prestige trailer, drug by a 2001 2500HD ext. cab 4x4

Comment

For 35+ years I was Senior Project Manager, Engineering Manager & Chief Engineer in the Material Handling Field; Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems, Conveyors Systems and Distribution Center Design. I retired almost 2 years ago and sit on my butt most of the time now; I miss the "needed" part of business. My current philosophy is "why do today what you can put off untill tomorrow".
          1999 CL 182 LPX - Solid Onyx - Tweaked 5.0 EFI, 19P Rev 4, Smart Tabs,
          Drive Shower & Wireless Remote Trim
          Schlepped by 2017 Dodge Durango Citadel HEMI
          Daily driver - '92 Corvette Convertible - Blackrose/Lt. Grey - 6 Speed. (sold)
          My New GSD Project - Winsome's Bearfoot Journey aka "Journey"

Comment

Sales Mgr. for a Chevrolet dealership in Oregon.Our company includes the following lines.

All GM products
            Yamaha,KTM,Kawi motorcycles
            Mazda
            Honda
            Kia
            Suzuki
            Ford-Lincoln Merc.
            Dodge,Jeep,Chrysler
            And just bought a Nissan store.

Anyone have any questions regarding those lines and I can try to help.
            Randy Holman,Mill City
            Boatless for now

Comment

Retired USAF MSgt - - 25yrs. 6mos. 6days.

Currently a part time Line Technician at local munincipal airport.

44 going on 24.

Comment

I sell ventilation products to commercial & industrial mechanical contractors. Been @ the same place for over 12 years. We need the economy to bounce back soon, so I can get a bigger boat than Kehrer's. We just finished our 8th season in H4T and daddy is itchin'.
                Greg, Kathleen, Devon, Caity & Jessica
                2006 EZGO ST Sport go-getter
                2005 Cobalt 250BR Schumaker-built 550hp big block
                2008 Triton Cypress Cay 200 Angler fishing boat
                2018 Ram 2500 Cummins Crew Cab

Comment

21 years in software development, 18+ of those in SQA and the last 15 as Mgr or Dir of SQA teams. Currently Dir of QA for Epsilon Database Marketing. I need to retire...
                  99 225 CCR 454+ MAG BI

Mckinney, TX

Comment

28 years as a Food origin engineer, or you could say just a red neck farmer from southern Illinois.

Comment

I'm currently an engineering project manager, which is a fancy way of saying I do a little bit of everything. The company I work for has two main product lines, single point watering systems, and a marine line. Single point watering (SPW) means we make a fill valve or flooded lead acid battery cells. Instead of topping each 2 volt cell, all the valves are plumbed together and you water the whole battery from a single fill point. We make these systems for hi-los, golf carts, RV's, etc. Marine side is mainly livewell plumbing and control. Check out the website, www.flow-rite.com. Prior to this, I worked in automotive for 10 years as a manufacturing engineer, doing assembly and machining.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
                      Mike
                      1997 Crownline 210 CCR - fer fun
                      13 F150 Ecoboost - fer towin the fun
                      My Blog - http://boatsbeerandbbq.blogspot.com

Comment

Retired Regional Manager from a national building products company....been retired now 22 years and living here in heaven, Central Ar - 17 miles from Lake Ouachita with wife of 50+ years.....enjoying ourselves!!!

Comment

I boat 7 months a year, and read Ryan N's posts about why many of us dont boat the other 5 months of the year! Lmao!
                          Table Rock Lake
                          Regal 2700 ES
                          "Memory Maker"
                          F150 Ecoboost
                          CL 225 BR "Athena's Odd-a-Sea";
                          CL 192 BR "Kryptonite"

Comment

I'm an Underachiever!
                            1999 202BR LPX version 350 Mag.

Name Undecided: Hot Chicken, Liquid Snow or Stunkcuf.

Comment

20 yrs at company that mfg's custom electric heating elements, sensors, controls and turnkey thermal systems for almost every imaginable industry and sector.
                              Manage the Manufacturing Engineering, Tool and Die and sheet metal production departments. Business is good, yes we are hiring and send your resume.
                              Tell me asshole - What's your fair share of everything I've worked for??? Please join me in starving and beating the govt back to it's honeymoon physique.

2000 Formula 260SS 502 Mag B3
                              2003 Suburban 2500 8.1L
                              2011 Honda Civic w/1.8L
                              2017 Honda Civic w/1.5L

Comment

Working...
                              X