X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Tucker
    replied
    Originally posted by Randy Andersen View Post
    My company has us working from home as much as possible, but we are able to come in since engineering requires large printing that can't be done at home. I guess we are a part of that essential business since we are involved with engineering for various construction including the Illinois Tolway. So far, except for working from home, its business as usual. All our survey crews and construction crews are all working full speed ahead. Got our fingers crossed that this workflow continues. We are still getting RFP's by clients for land development including residential so it appears that our clients are thinking long term.
    I'm a Project Engineer in the Electrical field. we are pretty much the same. I live in Denton County (TX). We currently have 30 cases.

Leave a comment:

• Jshell
    replied
    Originally posted by boatman37 View Post
    We got our first 2 cases in my county today. One lives about 1/2 mile from me and is in my bowling league. Our league has been suspended for the last 2 weeks. I have known this guy for about 20 years. He is in ICU in a Pittsburgh hospital
    What county are you in? We got our first case in Indiana County yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• boatman37
    replied
    We got our first 2 cases in my county today. One lives about 1/2 mile from me and is in my bowling league. Our league has been suspended for the last 2 weeks. I have known this guy for about 20 years. He is in ICU in a Pittsburgh hospital

Leave a comment:

• ~Chad~
    replied
    Originally posted by JimBaygents View Post

Chad what state are you in? Is it Indiana? In Missouri ( St. Louis) car dealers are open for now I believe. I am a dealer for a cabinet manufacturer in PA and the state closed them and down most industries. I am waiting for orders for customers which is delaying they're projects and me getting paid. Crazy but hopefully we will flatten the curve.
    I'm in Wisconsin. We are the same as other states. We furloughed 1500 employees. It's crazy. So far 2 dealerships shut there doors. I can't say why I think they did it but it is what it is. hopefully come out after this with a job and a strong company. The owner decided to only be there for emergencies for first responders. They are covering our health insurance and a few weeks of pay. Hope they are right. It sucks but it was slowing down fast and soon everyone would be making min wage that doesn't cover health care or unemployment with health care. so what's better.

Leave a comment:

• Gingersnap
    replied
    Originally posted by Randy Andersen View Post
    My company has us working from home as much as possible, but we are able to come in since engineering requires large printing that can't be done at home. I guess we are a part of that essential business since we are involved with engineering for various construction including the Illinois Tolway. So far, except for working from home, its business as usual. All our survey crews and construction crews are all working full speed ahead. Got our fingers crossed that this workflow continues. We are still getting RFP's by clients for land development including residential so it appears that our clients are thinking long term.
    Make it cheaper!

Leave a comment:

• Mark-P
    replied
    I think they are essential in minnesotas order that starts friday night

Leave a comment:

• JimBaygents
    replied
    Originally posted by ~Chad~ View Post
    We closed our dealership. Except for 3 people there in case of a emergency repair is needed for a first responder type person so I'm home for the next 30 days or more. Who would have thunk it?
    Chad what state are you in? Is it Indiana? In Missouri ( St. Louis) car dealers are open for now I believe. I am a dealer for a cabinet manufacturer in PA and the state closed them and down most industries. I am waiting for orders for customers which is delaying they're projects and me getting paid. Crazy but hopefully we will flatten the curve.

Leave a comment:

• ~Chad~
    replied
    We closed our dealership. Except for 3 people there in case of a emergency repair is needed for a first responder type person so I'm home for the next 30 days or more. Who would have thunk it?

Leave a comment:

• Randy Andersen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Randy-X2
    replied
    Originally posted by Gingersnap View Post

"Honey, due to that rule, it means I need to spend all day on the boat but since we can't be 6' apart I need to go by myself"

Leave a comment:

• Gingersnap
    replied
    Originally posted by codgaard View Post

You make a very good point sir! I'm going to run that by my wife....."For the safety of our family, I think we should seriously consider a larger boat honey!"

It does make you wonder how all of this will affect the boat market. This is uncertain times financially for a lot of people but you have to think that many people will also be considering new and unique family activities to enjoy.
    "Honey, due to that rule, it means I need to spend all day on the boat but since we can't be 6' apart I need to go by myself"

Leave a comment:

• Randy-X2
    replied
    Everyone just needs to bring their own boat and stay in it...…...…

Leave a comment:

• codgaard
    replied
    Originally posted by Bald Mike View Post
    We are also looking forward to boating as a way to social distance. Of course we like to have friends along, so with the 6 foot distance we will need a very large boat!

You make a very good point sir! I'm going to run that by my wife....."For the safety of our family, I think we should seriously consider a larger boat honey!"

It does make you wonder how all of this will affect the boat market. This is uncertain times financially for a lot of people but you have to think that many people will also be considering new and unique family activities to enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• Bald Mike
    replied
    We are also looking forward to boating as a way to social distance. Of course we like to have friends along, so with the 6 foot distance we will need a very large boat!

Leave a comment:

• codgaard
    replied
    This will be a crazy moment in history that we will hopefully look back at and see that we came out of it stronger and more resilient. Trying to stay as normal as possible at work with many employees working from home while attempting to maintain manufacturing capabilities has been a challenge but we seem to be persevering through it so far. Kids are home from school indefinitely and will be tearing down the walls in the house soon. Not knowing what will be open and closed this spring and summer, I told my wife yesterday that I'm very thankful to have a boat that we can escape to once the weather and water warm up a little. I will more than likely put the boat in the water a little earlier this spring and take the kids out for some spring fishing which is something we normally don't do with our boat. My boys should be happy about that!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X