Marine 31 (mold)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marine 31 (mold)

As you have seen in my other posts we pulled our boat last week and the seats were covered in mold. Used Marine31 today and got them pretty good but have yellow spots and yellow 'runs' where the stuff ran down the seats. Anyone have experience getting this yellow cleaned off?

I had good luck with CLR Mold and Mildew cleaner, from Menards. The previous owner didn't clean some leaves in the joint of the Sport
    Seating. They left some nasty looking spots. CLR got the spots pretty good, they look like shadows now, not a 100%, but acceptable.
    1999 CL 182 LPX - Solid Onyx - Tweaked 5.0 EFI, 19P Rev 4, Smart Tabs,
    Drive Shower & Wireless Remote Trim
    Schlepped by 2017 Dodge Durango Citadel HEMI
    Daily driver - '92 Corvette Convertible - Blackrose/Lt. Grey - 6 Speed. (sold)
    My New GSD Project - Winsome's Bearfoot Journey aka "Journey"

Comment

Try Star Brite miildew remover. When I bought my boat the head was full of mildew/mold spots...wiped right off. Not a sign that it was even there, vinyl looks perfect.

Comment

What ever you use to clean the vinyl, be sure wash/rinse it thoroughly and put some vinyl treatment on it. I use 303 protectant after cleaning my vinyl with Malco leather and vinyl cleaner
        MISS "B" HAVEN

2007 Mastercraft X2, Indmar 350 MCX, 350 hp V-Drive (SOLD 8/12/16)

Previous boat (1999-2011) : 1999 202BR Carbed 5.7, 250HP, Alpha 1, 17P Rev 4

Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel

Comment

Originally posted by Randy-X2 View Post
          What ever you use to clean the vinyl, be sure wash/rinse it thoroughly and put some vinyl treatment on it. I use 303 protectant after cleaning my vinyl with Malco leather and vinyl cleaner
          303 is the bomb

Comment

X3 on the 303!!!
            2006 Crownline 180 BR
            4.3 L MerCruiser Alpha One 1.81
            Prestige trailer
            Platform by: Swimplatform.com
            19P Rev 4 SS Prop

Comment

Originally posted by Randy-X2 View Post
              Yes rinse with water and then lather on the 303!

Comment

Is it the same 303 for canvas? Doubt it is but I have some of that. Just want to get rid of the yellow streaks now. Got 98% of the mold off

Comment

I cleaned my boat before winter using some Lucas interior detailer It looked way better than when I purchased it. I could see it removing dirt and stains. I now have my interior gutted. I have been cleaning all the vinyl the way I was taught years ago. Dawn soap and a little bleach in a bucket of water using a variety of brushes. I will have to say it makes the lucas look like water. The bleach would kill any mold you have. It really wasn't that hard to pull the panels an I think my boat will look like new.
                  "Blown Money"
                  1998 Crownline Whipple Charged 454 Mag MPI with heads and cam 750hp. IMCO drive and hydraulic steering.

Currently towed by a 2011 Supercharged Range Rover Sport with exhaust and supercharger pulley.

Comment

Originally posted by boatman37 View Post
                    Is it the same 303 for canvas?...……………...
                    Yes

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                    MISS "B" HAVEN

2007 Mastercraft X2, Indmar 350 MCX, 350 hp V-Drive (SOLD 8/12/16)

Previous boat (1999-2011) : 1999 202BR Carbed 5.7, 250HP, Alpha 1, 17P Rev 4

Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel

Comment

Working...
                    X