Wake Tower Install on 225BR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake Tower Install on 225BR

Planned on a wake tower the moment I purchased the boat. After tons of shopping and going through all the options and cost for the all I ended up with an Aerial. Looks to have quality tubing and connectors at a moderate price. About have the price of the high dollar ones and twice as much as the ebay ones. Went with the polished Airborne. I will be adding racks, speakers, and lights to it. Also will be adding a VHF antenna mount. It will be wiring intensive. I currently have most of my boat interior removed so getting to the backside of the mounts is fairly easy. I will be making some sort of backing plate to try and keep from any cracking. I will be adding pics to this as I go. I have a lot to do besides the tower currently so it will be slow going. I have a friend who can easily weld aluminum so we may end up doing some reinforcing to the tower if we see fit.
    "Blown Money"
    1998 Crownline Whipple Charged 454 Mag MPI with heads and cam 750hp. IMCO drive and hydraulic steering.

Currently towed by a 2011 Supercharged Range Rover Sport with exhaust and supercharger pulley.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    "Blown Money"
    1998 Crownline Whipple Charged 454 Mag MPI with heads and cam 750hp. IMCO drive and hydraulic steering.

Currently towed by a 2011 Supercharged Range Rover Sport with exhaust and supercharger pulley.

Comment

Good luck with the install.

I added a Samson tower to my 202BR and one to my BIL's 239DB many years ago. It was great to get the boards up off the boat floor. Samson towers are designed to fit specific boat models and not universal fit. About 6 of our local CL boating friends put Samson towers on their boats back in the early 2000's.

Van-Boat-Tower.jpg

IMG_0165.JPG

MISS "B" HAVEN

2007 Mastercraft X2, Indmar 350 MCX, 350 hp V-Drive (SOLD 8/12/16)

Previous boat (1999-2011) : 1999 202BR Carbed 5.7, 250HP, Alpha 1, 17P Rev 4

Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel

Comment

The Samson Towers sure look the best and love the way the mounts are made. I just could not justify spending $2500 on a tower for a 1998 boat. I do hope the universal one is strong and creak free though.
        "Blown Money"

Comment

Did a little work to the boat over the weekend. A friend stopped by and we mounted the tower. It's just mocked up for now. I am gonna make some backing plates for the monts from 3/4 plywood. Gonna get it shaped for each mounting spot the glass it to prevent rot. Have a tube of 3m 5200 to glue them in with. Gonna coat them put them in place and loosely secure them for a few days while the 5200 sets up. I will then install the mounting feet for the tower. Hope that keeps from spider webbing the gel coat.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          "Blown Money"

Comment

MISS "B" HAVEN

2007 Mastercraft X2, Indmar 350 MCX, 350 hp V-Drive (SOLD 8/12/16)

Previous boat (1999-2011) : 1999 202BR Carbed 5.7, 250HP, Alpha 1, 17P Rev 4

Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel

Comment

Working...
            X