2006 250CR wiring (anchor locker)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 250CR wiring (anchor locker)

So I know I have mentioned this here before but never figured anything out. Today I stuck my phone down in there and got some video. With the 'shelf' the 250CR has in the anchor locker there is no way I (or probably anyone else) can reach these wires in the picture. Closest I can get is maybe 1' away from them and no way to see them without using a camera. I can't see them at all with the naked eye. I'm trying to figure out if I have wiring already ran for a windlass. These is already a Lewmar breaker installed back by the battery switch and it has 12V going into it and a wire coming out. I assume the wire coming out is going to the helm switch? Tried pulling the trim panel in the cabin but the screws are under the material so I have to cut the material to get the screws out to check for wire going to the anchor locker.

What I can see on the camera is a set of blue (or purple) and yellow small gauge wires (maybe 12-14 gauge) in the anchor locker. There is a set on each side of the anchor locker coming out of the conduit. I had been assuming if there was wire running up there then it would be on the starboard side but in my video I can see a large conduit coming through the port side also. Guessing this comes from the breaker panel?

Any idea which side the windlass cables would run along if the are there?
    Has anyone ever been able to get in there to reach these wires? How?
    Anyone know what the blue and yellow wires are for? Thinking maybe lights because there are similar colored wires going through the front bulkhead going to my existing lights.

Planning to install a windlass next spring so trying to plan ahead here. Thinking once I get it and cut the whole in the 'shelf' for the windlass that maybe I could dtick my arm through there to reach the wires? It would all have to be feel though cause no way to see them with my arm in there.

purple-and-yellow-wires.png

My guess is Docking Lights, Dark Blue wires indicate Cabin and Instrument Lighting. At some point in time some manufacturers made universal harnesses to cover most applications because it was easier and less expensive to build and stock universal units to reduce the number of SKU's. So if you have extra connections that are cinched off they are for accessories that wasn't ordered on that boat. Remember these boats are wired when the hull is still split so these guys don't look at the whole picture when it comes to future maintenance as the years pass.
    1999 CL 182 LPX - Solid Onyx - Tweaked 5.0 EFI, 19P Rev 4, Smart Tabs,
    Drive Shower & Wireless Remote Trim
    Schlepped by 2017 Dodge Durango Citadel HEMI
    Daily driver - '92 Corvette Convertible - Blackrose/Lt. Grey - 6 Speed. (sold)
    My New GSD Project - Winsome's Bearfoot Journey aka "Journey"

Comment

You might want to copy this chart for reference, it helps trouble shooting electrical issues.

Marine-Wire-Tech-Spec-2.jpg
      1999 CL 182 LPX - Solid Onyx - Tweaked 5.0 EFI, 19P Rev 4, Smart Tabs,
      Drive Shower & Wireless Remote Trim
      Schlepped by 2017 Dodge Durango Citadel HEMI
      Daily driver - '92 Corvette Convertible - Blackrose/Lt. Grey - 6 Speed. (sold)
      My New GSD Project - Winsome's Bearfoot Journey aka "Journey"

Comment

Nice find! Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X