Upholsters UGH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upholsters UGH

HEY GUYS, 1997 202 BR, need your help. My Upholster got my sundeck confused with someone else's, made it wrong and threw my original away. I made a HUGE mistake not getting better photos before dropping it off and now I’m in need. If anyone has photos of your sundeck/engine cover you’d be willing to share I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance.
    Frustrated

Wow. I would be more than frustrated. Seems if you brought the boat in to him that he could make it.
    2014 Malibu Wakesetter 23LSV with 450 HP LS3
    2004 Crownline 216 LS 350 Mag BIII "All Paws on Deck" - SOLD with 685 Hours on the clock!
    2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn
    2007 Lund 1660 Sport

Comment

PC280022.JPGP3020003.JPG
      This is my 1999 LPX, 182; the Sport Seating design was the same for 1997 models. I hope this helps.

1999 CL 182 LPX - Solid Onyx - Tweaked 5.0 EFI, 19P Rev 4, Smart Tabs,
      Drive Shower & Wireless Remote Trim
      Schlepped by 2017 Dodge Durango Citadel HEMI
      Daily driver - '92 Corvette Convertible - Blackrose/Lt. Grey - 6 Speed. (sold)
      My New GSD Project - Winsome's Bearfoot Journey aka "Journey"

Comment

THANK YOU! Michael, your sundeck is identical to my 97.. Thank you. I am rebuilding the wood structure and wound up taking the old one with the old foam so he could match it. I took everything apart so it would be easier for him and I could rebuild the deck while he was working.. sheesh, what a headache. When I bought the boat back in Jan. the guy told me that it was just the hinges that were bad, the rest was solid. I knew better. It was the original. I am shocked at how little material the hinges attach to the deck. I had to make a template from the good half and transfer. here is a before and after. I'm also rebuilding the port and starboard dash. That thin plastic is sooo brittle...

Thank you again!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bretz View Post
          Wow. I would be more than frustrated. Seems if you brought the boat in to him that he could make it.
          you would think you would wait to throw away the old vinyl until your customer was satisfied! Anyway, lesson learned. I need to take more photos and give written instructions when I have someone else work on my things...

Comment

You can always make it of starboard and it won't rot again. Also if you don't put the stripes back on it you won't have hot spots on it. Just make it all white. It's much cooler. If you add dark colors it will be hot in that area.
            03 Cobalt 220 8.1gxi 420 9/20/16
            03 Cobalt 220 8.1gi 375 3/16 sold 9/16 "Always for Sale"
            Cobalt 220 5.7gxi 320 10/19/15 sold 2/16
            2004 Cobalt 200 350 mag. "Kids in Tow" 4/30/15 sold 10/8/15
            Clifford Sold 3/7/15 1999 Crownline 202
            350 mag 300 HP MPI Corsa
            Alpha One 1.47 Drive shower
            17p Rev 4, 21p Vensura
            Towed by 2010 Chevrolet Suburban 75th Diamond Edition.

Comment

Sounds like starboard and custom time to me.
              2005 Crownline 216LS. "At-Risk Behavior"
              350 MAG MPI & Bravo III
              2012 Ram 1500 4wd Crew Cab.

Geaux Saints!!!!

Comment

Looks like you did a great job on the new wood! That wasn't part of what got thrown away, was it???
                Boat Covers and Bimini Tops here: www.BaldMikes.com

Pre-Enjoyed Boats: www.BaldMikesBoats.com

Two-thirds of the earth’s surface would be wasted, if it wasn’t for boating.

Comment

I only took them the vinyl, that's what was thrown away. I didn't have much to go on for the remaking the sundeck but it's done. will install new stainless T-nuts and seal it. hopefully it will hold up for another 15 years..
                  On another note, if anyone needs a template for this let me know, will be glad to share.

Comment

Working...
                  X