2012 180 vs 180SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 180 vs 180SS

Sorry, new member here and new to boating. Looking at getting a 2012 180 with 4.3 190hp. I have seen some advertised at 180 and others as 180ss. What is the difference between them? From the pictures I dont really see any difference unless I am missing something.

Anything i should be aware of with the 2012 4.3?

Thanks!

Welcome! I can;t answer your question, but I am sure some of the more knowledgeable folks on here will be able to.
    "The problem with internet quotes is that they are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln

2017 E4 350hp 6.2L BIII
    2005 240EX "Chaos" (Sold)

Comment

Mr Beckman knows. He knows the answer....
      Carlsbad, California
      Current Boat: 2015 Formula 350 CBR
      Previous Boat: 2009 Crownline 252 EX
      Vehicle: 2018 Chevy Bolt

Comment

Mine is a 182, 2 inches longer, I can only afford 2 inchitis and 6 inches wider than the 180. My guess is the "SS" nomenclature is a package of accessories and/or features like the "LPX" nomenclature.
        1999 CL 182 LPX - Solid Onyx - Tweaked 5.0 EFI, 19P Rev 4, Smart Tabs,
        Drive Shower & Wireless Remote Trim
        Schlepped by 2017 Dodge Durango Citadel HEMI
        Daily driver - '92 Corvette Convertible - Blackrose/Lt. Grey - 6 Speed. (sold)
        My New GSD Project - Winsome's Bearfoot Journey aka "Journey"

Comment

Not completely sure but thought the SS had something to do with the additional stainless steel (i.e. cupholders etc.) that it was equipped with. Other than that I also have a 180 with the 4.3 and have found it to be a great combination where is offers some nice power along with solid efficiency (for a boat). If it's showing 190 HP also guessing this is the carbed version?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Beckman View Post
            Mine is 2 inches longer.

"The problem with internet quotes is that they are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln

2017 E4 350hp 6.2L BIII
            2005 240EX "Chaos" (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Its_shaun View Post
              Not completely sure but thought the SS had something to do with the additional stainless steel (i.e. cupholders etc.) that it was equipped with. Other than that I also have a 180 with the 4.3 and have found it to be a great combination where is offers some nice power along with solid efficiency (for a boat). If it's showing 190 HP also guessing this is the carbed version?
              yeah the one that is marked 180 has the stainless steel cupholders and grab bars and is carbed (not the mpi) so either it is a SS and just not advertised as such or there is something else that signifies SS?

Comment

Sometimes SS refers to super sport seating but i think all newer crownlines have that. I have a 2006 190 hp BR 180. Nice combo. Of course a V8 would be awesome but they did not make one.
                2006 Crownline 180 BR
                4.3 L MerCruiser Alpha One 1.81
                Prestige trailer
                Platform by: Swimplatform.com
                19P Rev 4 SS Prop

Comment

Working...
                X