Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E4 Lounge Seat Backrest

2017 E4.

We had the backrest about 90% "down" in the forward position - toward the bow with folks facing the stern - when someone slipped and fell onto it. It made a nice crack noise. The backrest and the electric actuator still work, but the port side of the backrest is definitely looser than the starboard side - probably about 2-3 inches of play. Of course, I would love people to tell me that there is only on actuator on the starboard side and there is always play that I never noticed because I never tried, but I am fairly certain he broke something in there when he fell on it.

I popped the engine compartment cover to see if I could access the mechanism from the underside, but no luck. Does anyone have any idea how I get access to look around and see what is what?
    "The problem with internet quotes is that they are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln

2017 E4 350hp 6.2L BIII
    2005 240EX "Chaos" (Sold)

What a bummer!! I will be down at our slip later this week and I'll check to see how much play we have in ours. I feel like there is a little play but to be honest I don't think it's 2-3 inches. Maybe 1/2" at the most if my memory serves me correctly. Could be there is only one actuator and possibly a support bracket is what broke on the port side when he fell on it??
    2018 Crownline E4 6.2L Bravo III
    2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71

Comment

Originally posted by codgaard View Post
      What a bummer!! I will be down at our slip later this week and I'll check to see how much play we have in ours. I feel like there is a little play but to be honest I don't think it's 2-3 inches. Maybe 1/2" at the most if my memory serves me correctly. Could be there is only one actuator and possibly a support bracket is what broke on the port side when he fell on it??
      Thanks. I am hoping it is not a big issue - particularly since the closest dealership is an hour an a half away. But I am also being realistic.

"The problem with internet quotes is that they are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln

2017 E4 350hp 6.2L BIII
      2005 240EX "Chaos" (Sold)

Comment

Working...
      X