Remote Controlled Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Controlled Lighting

I have a 2020 270 XSS that came with a two button wireless remote that controls the interior blue LED lighting, the exterior blue accent lighting and the transom lighting. The two buttons on the remote are marked as F1 and F2 and they both turn on/off all lighting when pushed. However, if you push F1 or F2 to turn them on you have to push that same button to turn them off. Nice feature to have, however I would like to be able to control the exterior accent lighting and transom lighting separately from the interior lighting as it is very difficult to see underway with the interior lights on but I like the looks of the exterior lighting being on while cruising. There was no documentation with the boat regarding this system and the dealer was no help. There is no brand name or identification on the remote. I have looked under the dash and nothing is jumping out that would seem to be related to this. Seems to me I should be able to rewire this so F1 turns on/off interior and F2 turns on/off the exterior. Does anyone else have this feature and know where the receiver is located or have any suggestions?

I have it but have never used it since we dry stack. So I am, as usual, zero value add.
    "The problem with internet quotes is that they are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln

2017 E4 350hp 6.2L BIII
    2005 240EX "Chaos" (Sold)

Comment

I'm not sure about your state, but in Pennsylvania it is illegal to have exterior lighting at night while underway other than the green/red/white navigation lights.
      2016 Formula 330 CBR Twin 6.2 L 350HP Merc With Bravo 3 Drives

2010 Regal 2700 8.1L 375HP Volvo Penta Duo Prop (Traded!)

2004 Crownline 216LS5.0L Alpha 1 (Sold!)

Comment

Since he is trying to use the remote, I think he means will t the dock. But your point is a good one since it is also unsafe.
        "The problem with internet quotes is that they are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln

2017 E4 350hp 6.2L BIII

Comment

I am in Florida where it is allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMack View Post
            I am in Florida where it is allowed.
            I'd be careful with that. I believe the laws on navigation lighting are set by the USCG.

https://southfloridareporter.com/is-...boat-at-night/

Specifically in that article: (Bold and Italics are mine)

Know the Rules

Water vessels are expected to follow specific rules and conventions with regard to lighting, speed, and water activities. A few of these rules are as follows:
            • Rules regarding navigation lights, as specified by the United States Coast Guard, state that lights should be illuminated when you are underway between sunset and sunrise. The same applies to periods of limited visibility, such as in rain, fog, or snowstorms.
            • The only lights that should be visible to other boats at night are your red and green lights and your white stern or masthead light. You should dim your cockpit and cabin lights when you are underway to avoid confusing other boats.
            • Boats are to be operated at reasonable and prudent speeds appropriate to the weather and traffic conditions. Doing this will help you avoid collisions with vessels, bridges, docks, and anchored boats.
            • Risky activities are prohibited at all times but refrain from otherwise allowable activities such as towing a water skier after sunset or before sunrise.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewM5 View Post
              Since he is trying to use the remote, I think he means will t the dock. But your point is a good one since it is also unsafe.
              From his post:

is very difficult to see underway with the interior lights on but I like the looks of the exterior lighting being on while cruising.

Comment

Originally posted by Jshell View Post

From his post:

is very difficult to see underway with the interior lights on but I like the looks of the exterior lighting being on while cruising.
                You may like the looks of it but it significantly diminishes your night vision and is distracting to other boaters.

2017 E4 350hp 6.2L BIII

Comment

Working...
                X