Crownie value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crownie value

Hi everyone new here, but wondering if anyone can give me a rough idea what a 1993 Crownline lpx is worth? Had a 5.0 mercruiser in it that had low compression so the motor was pulled, not sure if the motor or outdrive go with it, has a dual axle trailer. What is the value of it without an engine or outdrive? What if it comes with everything but needs a rebuild? Here isn’t the only photo I got. Thanks all for the help! Cheers
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Not to be "that guy" but there is zero chance anyone can give you an accurate value based on the information you have provided and one far away picture. You don't even provide the length. LPX is a trim line, not a model. What I can tell you is that it is most likely worth somewhere between nothing and the original MSRP.
    "The problem with internet quotes is that they are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln

2017 E4 350hp 6.2L BIII
    2005 240EX "Chaos" (Sold)

Comment

Right on, thank you for the reply, just curious more or less if it’s even worth my time? Like should I be expecting $500 or to be paying $1500? I think it’s around 19-21’ open bow, I don’t know much about crownlines it just says LPX on the side so I figured that was the model. Person selling is tough to get ahold of so that’s mainly why my info is so vague. Thanks

Comment

From the picture, I doubt that is a true LPX unless the package changed. Its possible someone added that along with the graphics. It is a 93, so maybe the LPX package did change. The LPX's that I have seen are one solid color - red and yellow were the most popular colors. The LPX was a racy version and very common with racing flag graphics on the side. It had a low profile smoked Lexan windshield and captains call side exhaust as part of the package. You could get any engine and drive that you wanted, although a 5.0 V8 was typically the minimum that you saw. The LPX was popular in the 202BR and 225BR model, and the package may have been available in the 180BR. If yours is a 93, I would bet its either a 196BR model which later because the 202BR model. The next model up was the 225BR. The attached is a 202 LPX, although probably in the early to mid 2000's.
        Attached Files
        2002 Crownline 230BR, MX6.2, BIII, Prestige trailer, drug by a 2001 2500HD ext. cab 4x4

Comment

Randy Anderson, awesome thanks for the info, the little research I have done I noticed it seemed to be too old to be an LPX, but wasn’t sure, and I see it doesn’t have the captains call, I know very little about these boats which is why I’m here, so based upon what you see or know what would you give for a value? Am I wasting my time? I know motors/outdrives can be costly so I’m trying to figure out what it’s roughly worth with and without... I’d like to mabey offer but don’t wanna slap them in the face. Thanks again

Comment

The 1993 Crownlines were not made with treated wood. You may wanna check for soft spots in the floor and transom. Builds like this can get very expensive. If just buying the hull and trailer I would pay no more than $1500, and thats in perfect shape. An engine will be another 5-10k and an out drive another 5-10k. It's a pretty old boat and may not be worth what it cost to fix. If you are in love and feel like a huge project, go for it!
            "Blown Money"
            1998 Crownline Whipple Charged 454 Mag MPI with heads and cam 750hp. IMCO drive and hydraulic steering.

Currently towed by a 2011 Supercharged Range Rover Sport with exhaust and supercharger pulley.

Comment

Not sure what to say for a price. Lots of factors to consider. You may find a used decent motor and drive. If the hull, interior, and deck are in good shape, then it might be worth getting the motor and drive. Crownline didn't start to use XL wood which is basically a rot-less wood until 1998 so the boat could have a bad floor and stringers, which means the interior needs to be gutted for a total rebuild which is probably at least $4k right there. Do you have anyone that can check the floor and stringers to see if they are solid? As part of the stringers, is the engine cradle solid? Is the trailer included? Do the brakes and lights work? How are the wheel bearings? Do they need replacing or repacking? How old are the tires? If they are 6 years old or older, then they need to be replaced regardless of the tread. There should be a DOT date on the front or back of the tire. For example if the DOT date is 1219, then that means the tires was built in the 12th week of 2019.
              2002 Crownline 230BR, MX6.2, BIII, Prestige trailer, drug by a 2001 2500HD ext. cab 4x4

Comment

Thank you for the heads up, what year did they star putting treated wood in? The boat is about 4hrs from me and not sure if it’s worth the drive to go look at it or not.

Comment

Crownline has always used a marine grade wood, but still that can rot, too. Marine grade is better than regular plywood, but not perfect either. 1998 was when Crownline started putting in the XL Wood by Greenwood Industries. I don't know how they make this wood, but if you drill into it, your drill bit will be all gooey.

Comment

Thanks for all the help everyone! I’m gonna try and get more info on this first before I drive to go look at a lemon, he’s asking $2500 which if needs motor and outdrive I feel that’s way too much, and like was mentioned trailer could also need some love too not sure, but assuming everything is perfect just needs motor and outdrive I could be looking at 5-10k for repairs.

Comment

So say a guy could pick this setup up for under $1000 and floor and everything is solid, that a good buy?

Comment

I would bet $10k for a decent motor and drive both used and installed. I bet a 350 would be easier to find and a better power plant. If all else is decent, then $1000 would not be bad. Hopefully the interior is in decent shape and all the electric stuff and gauges are good.

Comment

I'm guessing that is not a current picture of a nearly 30 year old boat and it is nit an original LPX. Is there any way you can get more details and pictures before driving 4 hours? It will likely be a project for sure.

Good luck.................
                          MISS "B" HAVEN

2007 Mastercraft X2, Indmar 350 MCX, 350 hp V-Drive (SOLD 8/12/16)

Previous boat (1999-2011) : 1999 202BR Carbed 5.7, 250HP, Alpha 1, 17P Rev 4

Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel

Comment

To sum up: run don't walk - away!

There is no way I would drive 40 minutes - forget 4 hours - to see this boat without first having (i) more information on the engine and outdrive, (ii) numerous, current (i.e. today) high res close up pictures of the entire boat and (iii) some generally understanding that what I want to pay is in the ballpark of whet the seller will take.

You will also want to know more about the trailer. When was it last serviced? How old are the tires? Is it even roadworthy? I imagine the plan would be to buy the boat and haul it back all in one trip. Based on what we know about the boat, I would have lots of reservations about the ability of the trailer to handle that trip safely and without incident.
                            "The problem with internet quotes is that they are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln

2017 E4 350hp 6.2L BIII
                            2005 240EX "Chaos" (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                            X