Boat cleaning in a slip on hoyst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat cleaning in a slip on hoyst

Typically I clean interior and wash / wax exterior on trailer. This year however I placed the boat back in slip without cleaning. So my question is are there tips out there on cleaning boat that is sitting on a hoist. Lake water safe cleaners I should be using? Is water and vinegar best to use to clean exterior? Tips on cleaning carpets when your boat is sitting on the slip?
    Just trying to think of best way to proceed with boat slipped.
    Thanks in advance for your recommendations

No trailer here so ours is always on the lift. Most of the cleaners I've used are designed for marine use so they're safe for the water. I used toilet bowl cleaner once before to get scum line off so I may have blinded a few fishies.

I take the carpets home for cleaning. The hardest part for me is bailing the bilge after I wash the floors; it's just kind of a pain to get down there and mop it up. I've always said I'd just pull the plug to drain but I've simply skipped the risk of being in the water to get to the plug (water too cold early in season, drop plug into lake, etc.).

Obviously, I try and be cautious when leaning over to wash/wax exterior and, of course, some spots are difficult to get to (bow area and transom) The frame of the lift is usually enough to anchor myself. If I'm alone and/or using something electric (buffer) I try and wear a life jacket just in case I were to fall in and hit my head.
    '07 Cobalt 212
    5.0 GXi DP
    Lake Ray Hubbard
    Rowlett, TX

Comment

Thank you for your feedback! Good idea with life vest I will most likely be working alone.

Comment

Working...
      X