Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Projects from Downunder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Fitted a new 14.25 x 17 4 blade stainless propeller to our 180BR in my never-ending quest to turn her into a wakeboarding boat. Sea trials this weekend (rare mid-winter outing) to see whether this does what it is supposed to and gets her up on the plane quicker and maintains plane at a lower speed.
    Attached Files
    2010 Crownline 180BR "Stimulated!"
    3.0 Mercruiser
    Aerial Freeride tower
    2000kg tandem Dunbier trailer
    Tow vehicle - Jaguar F-Pace.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by James Bond View Post
      Fitted a new 14.25 x 17 4 blade stainless propeller to our 180BR in my never-ending quest to turn her into a wakeboarding boat. Sea trials this weekend (rare mid-winter outing) to see whether this does what it is supposed to and gets her up on the plane quicker and maintains plane at a lower speed.


      I only have experience with mercury props, if thats a rev 4 you will love it!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2006 Crownline 180 BR
      4.3 L MerCruiser Alpha One 1.81
      Prestige trailer
      Platform by: Swimplatform.com
      19P Rev 4 SS Prop

      Comment


      • #18
        If anything, its pretty as hell.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Crownline 235 SS LPX 502

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Mark-P View Post
          I only have experience with mercury props, if thats a rev 4 you will love it!
          It's a Power Tech - made in Louisiana. After market mercruiser replacement that gets great reviews. Rev 4s - couldn't find them easily in Australia.

          Will let you know how it goes after sea trials this weekend.
          2010 Crownline 180BR "Stimulated!"
          3.0 Mercruiser
          Aerial Freeride tower
          2000kg tandem Dunbier trailer
          Tow vehicle - Jaguar F-Pace.

          Comment


          • #20
            Bling! Can't wait to hear the report. How's the weather there.
            03 Cobalt 220 8.1gxi 420 9/20/16
            03 Cobalt 220 8.1gi 375 3/16 sold 9/16 "Always for Sale"
            Cobalt 220 5.7gxi 320 10/19/15 sold 2/16
            2004 Cobalt 200 350 mag. "Kids in Tow" 4/30/15 sold 10/8/15
            Clifford Sold 3/7/15 1999 Crownline 202
            350 mag 300 HP MPI Corsa
            Alpha One 1.47 Drive shower
            17p Rev 4, 21p Vensura
            Towed by 2010 Chevrolet Suburban 75th Diamond Edition.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by ~Chad~ View Post
              Bling! Can't wait to hear the report. How's the weather there.
              Sunny.
              Air temp 15C
              Water temp 14C
              2010 Crownline 180BR "Stimulated!"
              3.0 Mercruiser
              Aerial Freeride tower
              2000kg tandem Dunbier trailer
              Tow vehicle - Jaguar F-Pace.

              Comment


              • #22
                That's awesome. It snows here at those temps and the water freezes. Lol
                Glad your getting out yet.
                03 Cobalt 220 8.1gxi 420 9/20/16
                03 Cobalt 220 8.1gi 375 3/16 sold 9/16 "Always for Sale"
                Cobalt 220 5.7gxi 320 10/19/15 sold 2/16
                2004 Cobalt 200 350 mag. "Kids in Tow" 4/30/15 sold 10/8/15
                Clifford Sold 3/7/15 1999 Crownline 202
                350 mag 300 HP MPI Corsa
                Alpha One 1.47 Drive shower
                17p Rev 4, 21p Vensura
                Towed by 2010 Chevrolet Suburban 75th Diamond Edition.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Ya it stinks dropping stuff down there. Warnings Ok - Don t use the pruning shears to makeshift crimp? Battery cables are not the place to improvise. Crappy connection at the lugs will be headaches down the road. If you are not in a hurry try here.
                  http://www.genuinedealz.com/custom-c...cable-assembly

                  You can order exactly what you need for the switch and have reliable, professional crimped and heat shrinked cables made up.
                  Tell me asshole - What's your fair share of everything I've worked for??? Please join me in starving and beating the govt back to it's honeymoon physique.

                  2000 Formula 260SS 502 Mag B3
                  2003 Suburban 2500 8.1L
                  2011 Honda Civic w/1.8L
                  2017 Honda Civic w/1.5L

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Paul View Post
                    Ya it stinks dropping stuff down there. Warnings Ok - Don t use the pruning shears to makeshift crimp? Battery cables are not the place to improvise. Crappy connection at the lugs will be headaches down the road. If you are not in a hurry try here.
                    http://www.genuinedealz.com/custom-c...cable-assembly

                    You can order exactly what you need for the switch and have reliable, professional crimped and heat shrinked cables made up.
                    Where did that come from? We're talking props?
                    03 Cobalt 220 8.1gxi 420 9/20/16
                    03 Cobalt 220 8.1gi 375 3/16 sold 9/16 "Always for Sale"
                    Cobalt 220 5.7gxi 320 10/19/15 sold 2/16
                    2004 Cobalt 200 350 mag. "Kids in Tow" 4/30/15 sold 10/8/15
                    Clifford Sold 3/7/15 1999 Crownline 202
                    350 mag 300 HP MPI Corsa
                    Alpha One 1.47 Drive shower
                    17p Rev 4, 21p Vensura
                    Towed by 2010 Chevrolet Suburban 75th Diamond Edition.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Huh that’s strange. Somehow my reply to another thread got put here???? Strange. I must not been paying attention
                      Tell me asshole - What's your fair share of everything I've worked for??? Please join me in starving and beating the govt back to it's honeymoon physique.

                      2000 Formula 260SS 502 Mag B3
                      2003 Suburban 2500 8.1L
                      2011 Honda Civic w/1.8L
                      2017 Honda Civic w/1.5L

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Results of the first sea trials on my new propeller here -

                        https://crowniehq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21630
                        2010 Crownline 180BR "Stimulated!"
                        3.0 Mercruiser
                        Aerial Freeride tower
                        2000kg tandem Dunbier trailer
                        Tow vehicle - Jaguar F-Pace.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X